Banana Boat Sunscreen Kids MAX Protect & Play Broad Spectrum Sun Care Sunscreen Lotion – SPF 100, 4 Ounce review
What does broad spectrum mean?
Formulated with an SPF of 100, pediatrician-tested Banana Boat Kids Sunblock Tear-Free Lotion provides protection from UVA and UVB rays. The gentle, tear-free formula is alcohol and fragrance free so it's great for young, sensitive skin. With a snap-shut cap, it's easy to toss the tube in your bag for quick reapplication wherever you are.
Kids Sunblock Tear-Free Lotion SPF 100
At a Glance:SPF of 100 for protection from UV raysTear-free, sting-free formula perfect for young skinWater resistant for up to 80 minutesRecommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
Broad-Spectrum Protection with SPF 100
Banana Boat Kids Sunblock Tear-Free Lotion SPF 100 provides protection from the sun's UVA and UVB rays. It's water resistant so you can have fun in and out of the water. The lotion is pediatrician tested and recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Tear-Free, Sting-Free Lotion
Your child will appreciate the alcohol-free formula that won't sting skin or eyes. The lotion appears white upon application so it takes the guesswork out of making sure all areas of the skin are covered. It's fragrance free and is specifically formulated for children.
Convenient, Portable Tube
Great for everyday use, the easy-to-squeeze tube holds 4 ounces of lotion. The closure snaps shut securely so you can toss it into a backpack or beach tote. Remember to apply 20 to 30 minutes prior to outdoor activity, even on cloudy days.
What's in the Box
Banana Boat Kids Sunblock Tear-Free Lotion SPF 100, 4 fluid ounces.
Pick the right SPF for your child using the SPF Guide
SPF 50, 85, 110
SPF 30, 50
What is SPF?
The sun protection factor, or SPF, is a multiplier that tells you how much longer you can stay in the sun than normal without burning your skin. If your child can tolerate 1 minute in the sun without a burn, an SPF of 100 will provide 100 minutes of protection without burning.
What are UVA and UVB rays?
Both UVA and UVB rays cause damage to your skin. UVA rays are the main cause of skin aging and wrinkling, while UVB rays cause burning. Both contribute to the development of skin cancer. For the best protection, use a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
It's cloudy outside–why does my child need sunscreen products?
UVA rays are present throughout the year and can penetrate glass and clouds. They account for up to 95 percent of UV rays on the Earth's surface. UVB rays vary by season, location, and time of day and are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in April through October.
How often should I reapply?
For maximum protection, reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming, excessive sweating or towel drying. Banana Boat Kids Sunblock Tear-Free Lotion SPF 100 is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
Why can't I use an adult sunscreen on my child?
Children have more sensitive skin than adults. All Banana Boat products for babies and children are pediatrician tested and are gentle on the skin.
Are there any other Banana Boat sunscreen products recommended for kids?
Yes, Banana Boat Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen Stick is ideal for spot application around the ears, nose, and eyes. There are also tear-free, continuous spray options if you prefer the spray method of application.
1. No matter how old we are, we should protect our skin from the sun. Recent studies have shown that we get 25 percent of sun damage before we're 18. Source: http://www.skincancer.org/sunscreens-explained.html
2. Apply sunscreen on your kids at least 20 to 30 minutes before they race outdoors, whether it's a cloudy or a sunny day. Banana Boat UltraMist Kids Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunscreen Continuous Lotion Spray is a fast and convenient way to get them covered before they slip away.
3. Make sure to reapply sunscreen frequently, at least every two hours, and more often if children are dipping in and out of the pool, ocean or lake-or running through the sprinkler.
4. Little ones, especially babies, become dehydrated more easily than adults. When outside with the family, always have extra drinking water on hand.
5. Remember that children imitate their parents. If they see you putting on sunscreen, they are more likely to cooperate when it's their turn.
6. Make sunscreen application a part of the daily routine. That way you're likely to encounter fewer struggles, and you'll be teaching your kids a life-long healthy habit.
7. If your child falls asleep during that lunchtime picnic or while out on the beach, apply one or more of the following protection solutions. First, spray them with an easy-to-use sunscreen like Banana Boat UltraMist Kids Tear-Free Sting Free Sunscreen Continuous Lotion Spray. Then, either provide them with some shade, which offers 50% protection from the sun, carry them inside, or cover them up.
8. Sun protection can be easy with Banana Boat Sunscreen Kids Stick SPF 30, which is great for covering those vulnerable spots like ears, nose and under-eye area.
9. Always use products designed specifically for the sensitive skin of babies and kids. The Banana Boat brand babies and kids line are all pediatrician-tested, most are as mild as water, and some are Tear-Free.
10. Teach your children that the sun is to be celebrated and respected all year round! By taking a few simple precautions during every season, they can enjoy a lifetime of magnificent rays.
NOTE: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.